DIY instructions on How to Jump Start your car.
1. Take out your jumper cables.
2. Place both vehicles in Park or Neutral and turn off the ignition in both cars.
3. Attach one of the red clips to the positive terminal of your battery.
4. Attach the other red clip to the positive terminal of the other car.
5. Attach on of the black clips to the negative terminal on the other battery.
6. Attach the last black clip to an unpainted metal surface on your car that is not near the battery.
7. Try to start your vehicle.